- Posted: September 24, 2018
- Category: Pender County
Pender County Updates 9-24
The following are distribution locations that are assisting with food, water, cleaning supplies, toiletries, and tarps.
- Gateway Baptsit Church in Burgaw
- Union Rescue in Willard
- Maple Hill Vol Fire Dept in Maple Hill
- Shiloh Vol Fire Dept in Watha
- Lighthouse Church in Rocky Point
- Station 14 at 19470 US Hwy 17 in Hampstead
The following convenience sites are open:
• Atkinson Convenience Center at 5128 Point Caswell Road
• Burgaw Convenience Center at 3088 New Savannah Road
• Calico Bay Convenience Center at 7599 Old River Road
• Hampstead Convenience Center/Transfer Station at 250 Transfer Station Road
• Montague Convenience Center at 2003 Montague Road
• Rocky Point Convenience Center at 16232 NC Hwy 210
• Shiloh Convenience Center at 19690 US Hwy 421
• Surf City Convenience Center at 360 J.H. Batts Road
• Willard Convenience Center at 7690 NC Hwy 11 (Will open at 10am on 9/22/18)
• The Hampstead Convenience Center will also be open this Sunday from 1pm to 7pm
Maple Hill Convenience Center is open today 7am-5pm, and through the rest of the week.
We have lots of people illegally placing garbage at the gates when the convenience centers are closed.
Please encourage citizens to send us pictures if they see that activity, and include the perpetrator’s license plate.
NCDOT says I-95 is open; section of I-40 remains closed – CLICK HERE
Mosquitoes: Large populations of mosquitoes can emerge days to weeks after heavy rains or flooding. Most are ‘nuisance’ mosquitoes, but some can carry viruses that may cause illnesses such as La Crosse encephalitis, West Nile virus and eastern equine encephalitis. To protect yourself from vector-borne diseases:
Wear long-sleeved shirts and long pants while outdoors.
Use mosquito repellent that contains DEET or an equivalent when outside and use caution when applying to children.